Pastor Jermaine B. Armour
Pastor Armour and his wife Tanya moved to Wilmington in January of 2014. He is a native of Buffalo, NY and holds a Master of Arts Degree in Christian Education from the Interdenominational Theological Center and an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Ministry from Livingstone College. He serves on several community boards, including One Christian Network, Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministry (WARM), Kids Making It and the Diversity and Inclusion Committee of the Red Cross.
Pastor Armour believes that while the world has become more global, the Church has remained colonial. In order to win souls for Christ in this age, we have to Rethink Ministry. A few ways this can be accomplished is by:
- Showing people that Christ is involved in everyday life.
- Teaching the Bible in simplistic ways for ease of understanding and life application.
- Emphasizing the importance of serving our community as a way to show our Worship to God.
- Keeping God’s word visible across social media and communication platforms.
- Creating Ministries that include all people no matter their age, race, social status or life situation.
Pastor Armour and is wife have two children, Jadah Alana and Jermaine Elijah.